Sometimes finding Valentine’s Day inspiration can be difficult, and for the Valentine Vets, the same glass of wine with dinner and a rose can seem played-out. We want to help. Here are a few inspired alternatives to the average box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day.
- Get Personal on a Blackboard– Store bought items with cheesy sayings can get old. Custom is best and that’s where blackboard comes in handy. Pick up a mug or other blackboard product at a local crafting store and write something lovely and specific for your valentine. Want bonus points? Have it ready when they wake up! Serve fresh coffee, a favorite breakfast food and your message of love. It’s a great way to spend the morning.
- Think Outside the Roses- While flowers are lovely, they are often expected and can fade fast. Instead, tickle the senses of your sweetheart with gourmet sweets. Chocolate covered strawberries are a universal treat, and they still have the beauty factor! Need help? We’ve got a variety of Valentine’s Day sweets for your sweetheart:
- Half dozen large chocolate covered strawberries
- One dozen large chocolate covered strawberries
- 4-pack of gourmet cupcakes
- Video Top Ten- Almost everyone has a smart-phone with mobile video capability, so why not use this to surprise your valentine with a Video top ten of everything you love about them. Make the list before hand, and throughout the day, record a short video of yourself saying the items on that list. This shows your valentine that you think of them throughout your day. It’s creative, personal and shows forethought. A+
- Visit a Wildlife Rescue- This one is unconventional, but for animal lovers this date idea is unique and memorable! What pulls on the heart strings more than those cute little animals? Be sure to plan ahead and bring a small gift for your valentine that says “I love spending time with you.” Perhaps, written on a blackboard. (hint, wink)
- A Beach Picnic- Sometimes the over crowded restaurants are daunting, but since it is mid February, the beach is empty. Obviously, wind chill and weather conditions are factors, but setting up a nice blanket and eating with your valentine will be special especially if it is just you two, the sound of waves, and the sun setting. A fire is a nice touch and will keep you warm. Just check local beach regulations first.
Image Daria Shevtsova
- Staycation- This one is great for couples who are parents! There’s no need to go far, far away. Book a king suite at the best hotel in your town. Enjoy the heated pool, jacuzzi, room service, and don’t forget to bring your chocolate covered strawberries from American Dream Cakes. This idea is great to just get away without going away. Turn off the phones, turn down the lights and enjoy romantic time with your valentine.