Cooking with your kids is a great way to spend time together, while teaching them something new. If you have a budding gourmaand at home, give him a chance to help out in the kitchen with these easy, childproof recipes.
Ham aand Vegetable Pinwheels
Encourage your kids to eat their veggies by cleverly sneaking them into these fun tortilla snacks. They’ll love measuring out ingredients aand assembling these tasty treats.
- Four 8” flour tortillas
- ¾ cup light cream cheese
- One small cucumber, peeled aand sliced thin
- Four large slices baked ham
- Two medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- Place the tortillas on a cutting board, spread each with about 3 tablespoons of cream cheese, aand top with cucumber, ham, aand tomato slices.
- Roll up each tortilla, pressing down firmly to seal them. Place the wraps, with the seams down, on a cutting board aand divide each into four sections.
Tiny Pizza Pockets
Your kids will have a blast putting these little pizza pockets together. Let them flatten the biscuits, beat the eggs, aand seal them with a fork.
- Fourteen ounce jar prepared pizza sauce
- One cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Half a cup of two-percent shredded 3-cheese mix
- ¼ cup finely chopped pepperoni
- Two 7.5 ounce cans refrigerated biscuits
- One egg, slightly beaten, with 1 tsp. water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine one half cup of pizza sauce, broccoli, cheese, aand pepperoni in a bowl.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 3-inch round circle, topping half of each with a heaping tablespoon of broccoli mixture. Fold the empty side of the biscuit over the mixture, using a fork to seal the edges.
- Place the pockets on an ungreased baking sheet, brushing each with some egg mixture. Pierce a small hole in the top of each one, aand bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve them with the remaining pizza sauce.
Raspberry aand Nutella Saandwiches
Raspberry aand Nutella are a great flavor combination, aand the kiddos will have fun putting together these delicious saandwiches.
- 8 slices white bread
- One half cup Nutella
- Two 6-ounce packages fresh raspberries
- Spread Nutella on four slices of bread
- Top with the raspberries aand saandwich with remaining bread, cutting each saandwich into four pieces.
Involving kids in the kitchen is fun aand easy with the right recipes. While including them in snack preparation requires time, patience, aand some extra clean-up, the memories you make aand the culinary skills they learn are priceless.