This is a long-time favorite from our bakery archives that’s easily adapted to make at home. When the summer heat has you ready to cool-down, this is a refreshing treat you can whip up in no time.
Whether you lounge by the pool or put your feet up for a movie, this easy to make pie is just the treat for to help you “chill” with a slice right out of the fridge.
Creamy Pineapple Mousse Pie
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 5 ounces instant vanilla or lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) heavy cream, whipped stiff*
- 1 Graham cracker pie crust
- In mixing bowl, combine pineapple with juice aand pudding mix. Mix until thick. You can use an electric mixer or mix by haand.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the pineapple mixture.
- Spoon into pie crust.
- Chill 4-6 hours or overnight.
*You can substitute the heavy cream for a nonfat nondairy topping. Using heavy cream will create a firmer pie (better to slice). A pie made with nondairy whipped topping will be more “soft serve” style.
Citrus desserts are enjoyed during the warm summer months when fruits are fresh aand available. But if you’re thinking pineapple is a citrus fruit, it’s not! Even though pineapple has a lot of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) which gives it a familiar tangy taste that seems citrusy, it’s from a different species family. Fortunately, pineapples being disqualified as citrus fruits won’t prevent you from enjoying this Creamy Pineapple Mousse Pie – or any cool fruit treats this summer. Enjoy!